Sunday, September 21, 2014

Be Still

So recently I got an amazing opportunity to hear Bill Nye speak at my school (Yes guys, it was THE Science Guy). He had some amazing things to say about how the world worked and how we could all do a little to make things better. However, he then moved into mentioning the debate he had recently about the age of the universe--and in doing so he began to mock The Bible.

Obviously I was not okay with this.

He was asked what it would take for him to believe, and trust me, its a whole lot. Some people just have to have proof.

So that's what I'm moving into now, the fact that so many people want this proof that God exists. And I can tell you now, there never will be--at least not 'true' proof. But in my opinion, there was never meant to be.

''He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."' Pslam 46:10

BE STILL.

There is a reason that it is called faith. God wants us to love him and come to him without this 'proof' that so many demand to need. That is like me wanting proof that my parents love me before loving them in return; it doesn't work like that.

God is everywhere. He is in the sunset and he is in the oceans that rise. He is in every breath and he is with every second. There is nothing scientific about him because he was not created by science, he is the creator of all. You can not prove that God exists.

Sure, you can put meat behind Christ's existence and behind the prophets that walked the earth. You can match up certain points in history to show where things occurred, but when it comes down to the juice of who Christ was, and what he did...well if you are waiting for some material proof, it will never come.

Science would not exist without God, so explain to me why he would need to prove existence of himself?

BE STILL 
Maybe there is not 'magic' in the world, but replace the term magic with the essence of God's creation and his beauty instead; it is then that you will see it everywhere. I find it magnificent how the human body works--you can't tell me that came without a creator. I see a butterfly flutter its wings and take flight--you can't tell me that evolved from evolution alone. I look out to the earth and I see mountains, and trees, and hills, and rivers; all of which form a miraculous picture--you can't tell me that is because of a random bang.

It doesn't work that way.

So no, Science Guy, there is no scientific proof that my creator exists. There's just proof of him and him alone in everything.

Maybe it's time that we stop debating and we just live as He wants us to. Maybe we use words at times, but WE are part of the proof that he left behind. So be convincing. Be strong. And try to be as beautiful as he created you.

No comments:

Post a Comment