Monday, October 6, 2014

Pick and Choose

On my phone I have an app that gives me a daily verse. I adore reading them and they give me perspective into the things that I'm not doing or things that I don't think much about. It's great for an attitude check. However, sometimes there is something that I'm not too fond of.

Have you ever come across a verse and so casually thrown it out of your mind? I know I have.

When it comes down to the hard truth, the Bible is not there for a personal pick-me-up. It isn't there for a inspirational quote--the Bible is the living and breathing word that speaks what God has to say. And sometimes it will say things we don't want to hear.

Walking Christ's path is about forming your life to fit him, not picking and choosing the things that we want to see. It's about changing aspects in everyday life and actions to reflect a Christ-like image.

The Bible spits out the details that we want to shove under the rug. It isn't all happy--I don't want to be told that my friend isn't secure in eternal life. I don't want to decline certain aspects in the world just because some pages tell me to. But they aren't pages. They are God.

So let me ask you this: Do you listen to God? Or are you looking for some nice words to go in a picture?

This is a way of life, a change of heart, and a mindset to live by. It is our redemption and our life-line. It is our judge and our consciousness. It is HIS love, HIS gift, and HIS rules. If you claim to be Christian--then live by what is set in front of you, and don't ignore the things you don't want to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment