Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I'm Not the Judge



'Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God' 1 Corinthians 4:5


Okay, so I'm going to be completely and entirely vulnerable for a moment or two here, and all I can say is that before you decide to click away from the page--just take a moment to hear me out.


I do not know. I do not claim to know; therefore I will not tell you what is and isn't right unless I am entirely 100% certain that what I am teaching is correct. It is not my place to judge, it is not my place to condemn, and it surely isn't my place to say what should happen.


Therefore...


I was born and raised in Oklahoma. I adore the state and I grew up getting to know the bipolar changes, the streets, the people...everything. And a few days ago homosexual marriage was legalized in the state.


You can imagine that there was a variety of reactions. People that I've known for years, people that I usually look at to be good Christian people, were slandering the entire thing with nasty words and comments about the 'disgrace that the Earth has gone to' or whatever.


Should we take a look back to the verse I posted above? You are not God, it is not your place to say what is and isn't right.


Guys; I'm not saying that homosexuality is all dandy, I'm not saying it is the greatest sin. I'm saying that I don't know.


What I do know is that Christ told us to love, to support one another, to show his love and his kindness and his way of life through the things that we do. I know that every time you spit out hatred toward someone, especially when you do so in the name of God, you are pushing people away and you are wrecking God's harvest.


Sin is Sin and there is no 'better or worse' between them. So while you curse the man that wants to marry another man, you are forgetting your own dirt that stains your face. Christ turned NO BODY away when they came to seek him. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (Matthew 7:1) So don't you dare push away someone simply because of their 'sin'. Because if that is the case, maybe the world should point out your own issues.


We sin everyday. We continue to sin. No one is perfect aside from Christ himself.

'When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7


So my view is that I don't know. My view is that I will continue to love these people and show them Christ's love through my actions. It may not be biblical--it may be wrong; but I also know that a majority of my decisions are wrong as well.


So please; for once just stop this hate. You aren't God and your hate won't do anything but destroy what he has built. The only person who has the right to judge anybody is God. Keep that in mind next time. Thank you.


'Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.' James 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment